There are four different
smaller ceremonies that take place with the wedding:
- One of the ceremonies is the Veil Ceremony. This is
were one of the wedding sponsors pin the bride's veil to the shoulder of the groom. This symbolizes the couple as one.
- Cord Ceremony- This ceremony consists of a second set
of sponsors that tie a cord around the bride and groom, to combine their spirits and again be as one. This is done during
the actual wedding ceremony.
- Candle Ceremony- The last set of sponsors will light
two candles on either side of the unity candle, and the bride and groom will light the candle together.
- The last ceremony that takes place is the 13 Golden Coin Ceremony
(Arrhae). In this ceremony, the groom presents his bride with 13 golden coins that represent Love, Trust, Commitment,
Respect, Joy, Happiness, Harmony, Wisdom, Wholeness, Nurturing, Caring, Cooperation, and Peace.
- The priest will then bless the 13 golden coins and present them
to the bride. The blessing is for a faithfulness and prosperity life.